The instructions for finding the Gateway ID vary depending on whether the gateway you are using is running ChirpStack Gateway OS, ChirpStack Gateway Bridge, or LoRa Basics Station. Follow the instructions below for your implementation.
Find the Gateway ID on a Gateway Running LoRa Basics Station
There are two methods for finding your gateway ID in LoRa Basics Station:
- Check your gateway documentation, which will tell you where to find the gateway ID. It may be referred to as the Station EUI or the routerid. We refer to this later as GATEWAY_ID.
- If you can use SSH to access the gateway, issue the command to run the Basic Station software, and the Station EUI will be logged out to your console as highlighted:
Figure 1: SSH Output of Gateway ID (Station ID)
The Station EUI has colons (‘:’ symbols). In the example above, the Station EUI is b827:ebff:fee2:34c6. Copy the Station EUI without the colons. For example:
We refer to this later as GATEWAY_ID.
If you are using the Semtech UDP packet forwarder, the Gateway ID can be found in the global_conf.json file and/or the local_conf.json file, under the gateway_ID configuration key. (If the gateway comes with a packet forwarder implementation that is compatible with the Semtech UDP packet forwarder, refer to the documentation provided by the gateway vendor.)
Find the Gateway ID on a Gateway Running ChirpStack Gateway OS
The Gateway ID is easy to find on ChirpStack Gateway OS. Just follow these instructions:
- Find the IP address of the device running ChirpStack Gateway OS using a tool such as AngryIP or Fing.
- Log into the device running ChirpStack Gateway OS via SSH or PuTTY, for example:
ssh [email protected]_ADDRESS_FOUND
- Enter the following command:
$ sudo gateway-config
- Enter the admin password at the prompt:
- The Configuration menu displays, along with the Gateway ID, as shown:
Figure 2: ChirpStack Gateway OS Configuration Menu
- The Semtech Network Server User Guide
- Hardware Components
- Find Your End Device Activation Keys
- Find the Gateway ID
- Create an Account with the Semtech Network Server
- Register and Connect Your Gateway to the Semtech Network Server
- Create an Application
- Register and Activate Your End Device
- Optional Activities
- Network Server