Semtech, in its commitment to enhance user experience and streamline content, has successfully integrated the LoRa Developer Portal content into Semtech.com. As a result of this consolidation effort, the LoRa® Developer Portal will be discontinued on May 1st. After this date, you will be automatically redirected to Semtech.com.
For any technical support related to LoRa, please feel free to reach out to our experts here. If you have sales inquiries, please contact us here.
Knowledge Base
HOME » KNOWLEDGE BASE » FORUM

SX1262 taking 500ms to enter receive mode

Hi,

I have a STM32 Nucleo-L432KC board connected to a EByte E22900M22S module and am using the radio and sx1262 code from the LoRaMac-node code base. Using the pingpong code, everything seems to work receiving and transmitting but when calling Radio.Rx(), it takes somewhere around 500ms to come back. Drilling down to the SX126xSetRx() call, I see it wait on the BUSY input for about 490ms. It receives fine once in receive mode and going into transmit mode takes no more than 11ms.

Is this normal behavior?

Regards,
--
Russell Suter
Any thoughts on this? Is there anything I can do to reduce the time going into receive mode?
I'm still seeing this. Going into RX mode still takes ~500ms. Anyone from Semtech know what might be going on or what I can look at to fix the?

--
Regards,
Russell Suter
I found the answer to this issue. For those that may run across this in the future:

The problem was that I had set the BOARD_TCXO_WAKEUP_TIME to 500 earlier. The original value in the driver code is 0x97 which is 151. This corresponds to the delay for the SetDIO3asTCXOCtrl command which, oddly enough is 0x97. When I reset the value to 0x97, I get a delay of ~151ms. When I set the value to 1, I get a delay of ~12ms. I can work with that.

Using the GetDeviceErrors command, I have verified that there are no errors with a value of 1.

--
Regards,
Russell Suter