Knowledge Base
HOME » KNOWLEDGE BASE » FORUM

Max power in Europe for 865-868 MHz (RED EN300 220-2 v3.1)

Hi,

I googled a thread with the same subject name as above (which for some reason can't be found on the Semtech website) because I'm having trouble interpreting the power density requirement for Band L (865-868MHz). The power density requirement states a limit of +6.2dBm/100kHz. How does this match up with the maximum power output of +14dBm?

As I understand it, Lora works by a signal being swept across the channel bandwidth. I can't find the bandwidth of the signal that is being swept across the channel bandwidth. If it's fairly narrow (e.g. < 10kHz), then it doesn't matter if we are operating at +14dBm because over 100kHz the power spectral density will be lower than +6.2dBm/100kHz.

Can someone from Semtech please post an answer or message me? It's pretty urgent as we are gearing up for tests at the moment.
Hello,

Forget this band. Instead, used sub-band h1.4 as referenced in the latest ERC-REC 70/03, which is also referred to as band 47 in the latest EC decision.

There you have 25mW peak power and 1% duty cycle allowed, no restriction on the PSD.

Thanks
File Attachments
Thanks Seb, that's a relief!