Knowledge Base
HOME » KNOWLEDGE BASE » FORUM

Datasheet section 14.3 instruction 7 incorrect

------
This instruction currently reads:

Configure DIO and irq: use the command SetDioIrqParams(...) to select the IRQ RxDone and map this IRQ to a DIO (DIO1 or DIO2 or DIO3), set IRQ Timeout as well.
------
To also enable detection of CRC errors when GetIrqStatus(...) is called, it should read:

Configure DIO and irq: use the command SetDioIrqParams(...) to select the IRQ RxDone and map this IRQ to a DIO (DIO1 or DIO2 or DIO3), set IRQ Timeout, CRC Error, and Header Error as well.
------
Actually I'm not too sure on the Header Error, it might be overkill. But CRC error certainly needs to be enabled. Also it would be nice to document that the first parameter to SetDioIrqParams determines which parameters will be avaiable through GetIrqStatus (or inform me if I am wrong in my understanding).
I have been using this;

setDioIrqParams(IRQ_RADIO_ALL, (IRQ_TX_DONE + IRQ_RX_TX_TIMEOUT), 0, 0);

And then checking GetIrqStatus() to see which errors may have been set.

The datasheet does not specify including the CRC error flag in the mask, since you may not be using CRC error checking in the first place ............
Yep, that works too. And you're right that you might not want to check CRC. However steps 11-13 of the instructions indicate that they are for CRC-checking operation.

I mean, I figured it out. Just saying that if you follow the instructions to the letter it doesn't work as expected, and the datasheet could be clearer if they decide to release another version.
‹‹ Syncwords      SX126xMB1xAS firmware updates ››