Knowledge Base
HOME » KNOWLEDGE BASE » FORUM

SX1261/SX1262 Development Board, EU-Version with TCXO?

Dear all,

I've searched vor an EU-Version of the SX1262DVK Development board with TCXO. But i did not find one. Also i did not find a board with 868 MHz vor Europe.

Will this variants will be available in the future?

Best Regards,
Andy
Image Attachments
sx126x_dev_boards.JPG
Hello,

The maximum output power allowed by ETSI in Europe is +14dBM. That is why there is no need for a sx1262 in 868MHz area - a sx1261 will do the job.

Regards,
_Matthieu
Dear Matthieu,

Thank you very much for your quick reply.
According to my information in previos development kits therw were versions with TXCO (Temperature compensated). In the new versions i don't find this..

But in the Feature-List there is:
Automatic Channel Activity Detection (CAD) with ultra-fast AFC. I can't find information in the datasheet about this functionality. Is ist a software based frequency drift compensation?

Thank's a lot!
Winkler Andreas
Image Attachments
sx126x_dev_boards_AFC.JPG
Hello,

AFC and CAD are separate features, this might be misleading in the doc you are referring to. Concerning AFC, with FSK modulation, it is also implemented in SX126x, but fully automated so you don't have to worry about anything but the the bandwidth of the receiver. Concerning CAD, it is also there and documented in the SX1261/2 datasheet, as well as on the App Note AN1200.48, available for instance on the SX1261 web page.

Best regards
Thank's for the reply! I have to look at this.
Best Regards,
Andy
Hello,

I had a discussion with a colleague who gave me the following additional explanation:

"There could be times when you might need more that 14 dBm in Europe. There is a sub-band that allows up to +27 dBm of operation. Moreover, even when the targeted power is +14 dBm, you can compensate a poor antenna (less than 0 dBi of gain) with higher output power."

Regards,
_Matthieu
‹‹ PPM Adjustment      SX1261 Modules ››