Register for the LoRa Developer Portal
Join the Community
Semtech is proud to offer free membership in the LoRa® Developer Portal. All you have to do is register. Why register? By joining the LoRa Developer Portal, you immediately get access to a host of free benefits. For instance, you can participate in the LoRa Developer Forum, where you can:
- Ask questions
- Collaborate with the LoRa Community
- Share knowledge and experience
- Explore ideas with likeminded people
Not only do you get access to the LoRa Developer Forum, you can also take advantage of a variety of free training materials and other resources:
Need to better understand LoRa and LoRaWAN? Want to know how to build IoT solutions? The Learning Center has everything you need to get started, including educational materials and opportunities for hands-on practice to help you figure out how to prototype and build your solutions.
- Work your way through the LoRaWAN Academy™ to develop a fundamental understanding of LoRa, the LoRaWAN® networking protocol and how they work together.
- Try out our hands-on labs, which provide detailed walk-through instructions for getting your gateways, devices and Internet of Things (IoT) solutions up and running quickly.
- Coming soon, you will also have access to our new interactive Tutorials. The tutorials provide a discussion of common development and deployment tasks, videos that show you how to accomplish the tasks addressed in the tutorial, and a sandbox with responsive code samples so you can get a jump start on your development efforts and see immediate results.
Semtech Network Server
The LoRa Developer Portal also offers free access to the Semtech Network Server. Built on the ChirpStack Network Server, this is intended to help you develop and prototype solutions using the LoRaWAN protocol, so you can easily get your IoT ideas off the ground. You can connect up to 10 devices and three gateways, giving you a hosted environment to build and test your solutions before you go into production.
Compliant with the latest version of the LoRaWAN specification, the Semtech Network Server supports eight different frequency plans, covering approximately 100 countries. In addition, this hosted environment can also be used with Semtech’s LoRa Cloud™ services. These services allow you to easily claim your devices, get insights into the devices themselves, and allow you to utilize geolocation services built-in to the LoRa Edge™ (LR1110) chipset.