LoRa Basics for End-nodes
The LoRa Basics™ modem products let your LoRa®-based Internet of Things (IoT) devices communicate with Semtech’s LoRa Cloud™ services. LoRa Basics Modem is an open-source software library that takes advantage of the 2.4GHz band for worldwide interoperability. LoRa Basics Modem-E offers out-of-the-box integration with Semtech’s Cloud Services, such as geolocation features for locating devices in the field. It uses the sub-GHz band and is designed to support the LoRaWAN regional parameters for both EU and US frequencies.
To help you get up and running with these modems, we have created an end-to-end demonstration that will walk you through the ins and outs of each of these products.
In addition to the “walk-through” content, a host of related resources are freely available. API command reference guides for each type of modem, as well as drivers, code examples, and a variety of GitHub resources can all be found via the links below.
- LoRa Edge™ Tracker Reference Design, LR1110, 868 MHz for Europe
- LoRa Edge™ Tracker Reference Design, LR1110, 915 MHz MHz for North America
- LoRa Edge™ Asset Management Evaluation Kit
- Development Kit, LR1110, 915 MHz for North America
- Development Kit, LR1110, 868 MHz for Europe
- Development Kit, LR1110, 490 MHz for China and Asia
- Mbed Shield, LR1110, 915 MHz
- Mbed Shield, LR1110, 868 MHz
LoRa Basics™ Modem
- LoRa Basics Modem Code (GitHub)
- LoRa Basics Modem Porting Guide
- LoRa Basics Modem Command Reference Manual
LoRa Basics™ Modem-E
- Updater Tool (GitHub)
- API Reference Manual (PDF)
- LoRa Basics Modem-E: Drivers (GitHub)
- LoRa Basics Modem-E: Example Applications (GitHub)
- LoRa Basics Modem-E: Evaluation Kit Demonstration Application (GitHub)
- LoRa Basics Modem-E: Command Tool (GitHub)
- Node-RED Application Server