Semtech, in its commitment to enhance user experience and streamline content, has successfully integrated the LoRa Developer Portal content into Semtech.com. As a result of this consolidation effort, the LoRa® Developer Portal will be discontinued on May 1st. After this date, you will be automatically redirected to Semtech.com.
For any technical support related to LoRa, please feel free to reach out to our experts here. If you have sales inquiries, please contact us here.
Knowledge Base
HOME » KNOWLEDGE BASE » FORUM

LoRaWAN Gateways with 200 nodes

As I understand nodes transmit data through Gateway and Gateway can connect to a limited number of nodes at a time like 8 nodes, in my scenario we have about 200 nodes, every node will send data after every 90 seconds, in such scenario how can i manage Gateway that data from all nodes can be posted to server without any loss.
Hi,

Are you using LoRa point to point between end devices or between end devicse and a gateway with an SX130x ?
planning to use LoRa node to Gateway, yet did not decide which gateway should we use, and looking for best suitable gateway, as 200 LoRa nodes will be sending data (Temperature, humidity) to gateway every 90 seconds, I want to know can we manage nodes and gateway that we do not have data loss.
Hi,

A gateway can handle demodulation of 8 signals at a time on 8 different frequencies but if you do not plan synchronized emission over time you should not have issue, especially if you are close to the gateway and can use low datarate

That means i can configure LoRa modules (nodes) on 8 different frequencies like 8 modules on frequency A, next 8 on B and so on, this will allow me 8 * 8 = 64 modules talk to gateway at same time on different frequencies? if I understand it correctly that's cool and it can greatly help to connect lots of devices.
If all your modules in a frequency are not emitting at the same time it will work. Nevertheless it is advised to use a random channel to be more resilient to perturbations.

Did you considered to use LoRaWAN ?
I have 200 modules sending data to Gateway after every 90 seconds, there is great chance that some modules will send data at same time, I'm looking for workaround how can we avoid this.
Hi,

Please have a look at this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmYuItA6q4I